Thursday, December 11, 2008

Quick Post

It has offcially been a month now since I last posted, so I thought that I might post something before I went to bed.

I had some thoughts after Thanksgiving that I really wanted ot put out there and possibly still will at some point, but not at the moment, as I am very tired. Been up since 5:30 am, it's now 11:30 pm, I'm going to turn in soon. But, I just wanted everyone to know that as of Friday night at whatever time they draw the Lotto, I will be a multi-millionaire. I've squared it with God, He's cool with the idea, I can live with it too. Okay...maybe He didn't tell me in one of those "audible voice from Heaven" moments, but I think He's on my side on this one...or I'm at least speaking in faith...that sounds good.

Jes and I have talked several times about how we would use money like that for God's glory. We would of course tithe on it first. So, 10% of appx. $124M (the roughly 60% cash value of the $207M Mega-Millions Jackpot) is about $1.25M. Then we'd get us and our families completely out of debt, and plan for the future for the children. So, lets just say another $2M just to make totally sure everyone is set up good from now on. That leaves us a in the neighborhood of $121M. Can you imagine the impact that $121M could have for the Kingdom of God? How many missionaries could be supported by that, how many churches built, how many Bibles is that into China and Turkey and the like? How many needs could be met with no need for repayment or kickbacks, just something to say, "There is a God in Heaven who loves you, knows your needs and wants to provide for them all. As this physical need is met through His blessings, let me tell you about His plan to provide for your greatest need of all...". We would just be looking for ways to meet needs and transform lives. This is truely one of my heart desires, and Jessie's too, that out of the abundant blessing of God on us we could pour out on others. Not so that we can get any reviews or praise, but because God calls us to meet needs. I'd actually much rather be able to go the Pastor and say..., "God has given us blessings so that we can pour out into others. As you hear of needs, let us know and we'll get you funding for them through the church so noone knows who did it."
People say, "You wouldn't use any of it for yourself? Yeah, right." I respond, "I never said I wouldn't use it on myself. In fact I readily admit that yes, I want to be able to stay home and raise my children without any worry of bills or working ever again. Yes, I'd probably build a dream home and probably buy a nice new car. Yes, I might buy a few things here and there, but most of all, my passion is to see needs being met, and God's Kingdom growing, and being able to be used as a part of that."
We desire to be able to do that. SO, pray and agree with us that when they draw the Mega-Millions Jackpot, there will only be one winner of the Grand Prize Jackpot. The winner is: Thomas & Jessie Head of Lubbock, Texas.
People have told me before that playing the Lottery is a sin, because it supports crime and such things. I respond that God said He would pour the wealth of the wicked into the hands of the righteous. We are not perfect by any means, but we are the Righteousness of God in Christ Jesus. So agree with us in prayer. I speak in faith that it is already done, and plan to post praises to God once it comes to pass.

Thanks all and talk to you later.

In Christ Alone,
th

No comments: